Thursday 3 February 2011

All falling into place...

32 days to go....


So lots of technical bits and pieces have come together since I last posted.


First and foremost, I am officially not a threat to children! And have my CRB check to prove it. Such a relief for it to arrive to be honest as I was convinced I had filled the form out wrong, so that it good news.


I have also booked my embassy appointment, which is on Friday 11th February at.... 8am, so that is going to be an early morning and a half. I also have to fill out a horrific form before then, so that shall be a task for early next week once I have sorted out a photo. I am hoping and praying that I don't do anything wrong, because I really don't want to have to pay for the embassy appointment twice!


I have emailed the Disney International team and the HRC with my flight details and visa appointment, which makes it all seem very very real. 


I have had some real ups and downs recently, the idea of actually going away for a year is terrifying and it all seems to be coming up so so fast. I am especially worried about my Mum, I think she is acting much much braver than she feels. However, I have had some amazing pep talks from lots of people and a very special boy in Columbia explained that being nervous doesn't mean you have made the wrong decision, which made me feel so much better. Plus it is nice to have advice from someone who has done it and accepts the nerves and ups and downs, rather than everyone just saying that its 'going to be amazing'. Which although is exciting, actually makes me much much more nervous!


In other news I really need to start making a proper packing list, as the idea of trying to fit my life for a year into a suitcase that has to weigh less than 23kg currently feels like a bit of a logistical nightmare. Especially coming from the girl that had a van load of stuff when leaving university, so I am just going to have to be brutal methinks! 


I am flying with three other CRPers, and we have a hotel sorted for the first night so now all we need to do is sort out seats to ensure that we all get to sit together on the plane. 


So that's the update really, it looks like the coming month will be one of goodbyes and slight chaos and then hopefully all will go just fine with the flight on the 7th!